Prerequisites (For all Programs)
Rowing is strenuous, requiring flexibility and agility on the part of the rower. As a minimum, we expect the member to:
- Be a good swimmer
- Weight less than 220 pounds
- Be able to do moderate exercise for an hour
- Be able to sit down on the floor unaided by furniture from a standingposition, and then stand back up, thus simulating gettin into/out of a boat
- Be at least 16 years old
- US rowing waiver is required in order to participate
To Prepare For Your Row…
- Dress appropriately for the weather. We row rain or shine so long as there isn't any thunder or lightning.
- Oar handles and wheels on sliding seats can get caught on loose fitting t-shirts and shorts. Most prefer to wear spandex type shorts with a t-shirt you can tuck in.
- Rings & wrist barcelets should not be worn.
- Bring socks. Rowing shoes (13 size fits all) are already mounted in the boats, socks are required.
- Wear flip-flops or tennies that you don't care about.
- Bring water with you in the boat.
- Bring as few valuables as possible. Keys can be locked inside the boathouse while rowing.
- Toilet facilities are available in the boathouse.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen and caps are advised.
- Be ready to have FUN!
What To Expect
- You may be in a scull or a sweep shell, depending on the number of rowers we have on any scheduled rowing date.
- Everyone helps put boats in and out of the water. It is imperative you understand the basic Coxswain commands for how the boat is lifted, carried, and set into the water. Teamwork on and off the water is important.
We hold weekly rows on Thursday evening and weekend mornings. This program is open to all rowers who have already passed a Learn to Row class and want to continue recreationally. All different levels of rowers from beginners to experienced attend club rows to keep up with their fitness goals.
Group Row Weekly Schedule
We row rain or shine, but never in lightning.
Thursday at 5 pm during Central standard time
Thursday at 6 pm during daylight saving time
Saturday - 7:30 am
Sunday - 7:30 am
Best thing about early morning, weekend rows are bagel and coffee with your fellow rowers.
This program is open to all former high school/collegiate rowers as well as rowers who have at least one year of rowing experience at the club level. The goal of this program is to train hard to compete at the local and national level.
Rishi Singh (Men's team) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Moran (Women's team) - email@example.com